You are warmly invited to come to Berlin and Wittenberg from 24 – 28 May 2017.
You are warmly invited to the 36th German Protestant Kirchentag from 24 to 28 May 2017 in Berlin und Wittenberg. Reflecting on international ecumenism, interfaith and intercultural dialogue, it will also look ahead to the next 500 years of Protestantism. The Kirchentag is a movement reaching far beyond a regular church event. Well-known speakers engage with its topics – encouraging lots of audience participation – in panels, lectures and workshops. Add to that all the concerts, theatrical performances and other cultural offerings, frequently created by the participants themselves, and the Kirchentag – with its over 2500 single events – becomes a truly interactive festival.
The theme of the 2017 Kirchentag is “You see me” (Gen 16:13). It combines the knowledge that God looks at us with the challenge to remain clear-sighted in our dealings with others. Ellen Ueberschär, general secretary of the Kirchentag, adds, “Join us at a special Kirchentag in Berlin and the grand finale in Wittenberg – the festive closing service.”
Our listing of international contacts is the first site you should visit. You may find that there is a Kirchentag representative in your country. This person will be happy to assist you and to provide you with further information regarding Kirchentag. They may even be able to connect you with a group of people to travel to and attend Kirchentag with.
All participants have the option of registering over the online service "My Kirchentag". "My Kirchentag" registration forms are both in English (on this part of the website) and German (on the German website). Both individual participants and groups can register using the forms in three easy steps.
- Before you can begin your registration, you or the leader of your group will need to create a “My Kirchentag” account.
Create an account now.
- After you have created a “My Kirchentag” account, you will receive an e-mail asking you to verify your account. Please click on the link provided in the email and then you will be able to begin your registration.
- Start your registration. The following fields must be filled out: street address, postal code, city, country, type of admission pass, accommodation preference, and whether or not a visa is necessary.
Learn more about your admission pass and accommodation options.
If you already have a "My Kirchentag" account, but forgot your “My Kirchentag” password or username, we will be happy to send you a new one.
Please keep in mind: The deadline for international registration with visa support is 1 February 2017
Help with registration
- DEKT36 How to register a group.pdfIf you are having trouble registering a group, please consider looking at this manual that guides you through the process step by step.
- DEKT36 How to register with an existing My Kirchentag account.pdfIf you are have trouble registering with an existing "My Kirchentag" account, please consider looking at this manual that guides you through the process step by step.
International Programme Book
Upon your arrival, you can pick up a printed version of the international programme book as well as your programme folder containing the complete German programme book, the city map and the songbook at the International Reception Desk.